Contact: 814-539-2504 Ext. 130
Say hello to convenient parking with the Passport Parking app! No more digging for coins. This is how parking should be. Pay, extend, and manage your parking session with just a few taps. It’s easy! Just park where you see Passport Parking app signs & decals, pay for your parking session from your phone, and be on your way.
● No coins, no problem:
○ Pay quickly and securely with your phone.
○ Forget refilling the meter in the rain or braving the cold.
● Stress-free parking:
○ Get alerts when your parking session is about to end.
○ Stop worrying about how much time is left on the meter.
● No need to rush:
○ Add time to your parking session directly from your phone.
○ Your plans change, your parking spot shouldn’t. Simply extend your parking
session via our app.
● Easy expenses:
○ Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session.
○ Expenses made easy, manage your parking history through the mobile app.
1. Download the Passport Parking app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store .
2. Create an account with your mobile phone number or email address.
3. Park anywhere you see Passport Parking app signs & decals.
4. Pay for your parking session from your phone.
5. Extend your time remotely if you’d like to stay longer!
Citations may be paid here.
Parking Restrictions for the street Sweeper will be enforced. If you receive a parking ticket, it must be paid by mail or the payment can be placed in the drop box by Franklin and Main Streets or on the Passport Parking app. No Payments will be taken over the phone.
Parking tickets are issued in $20 and $30 amounts, depending on the violation. Tickets issued for $20 are for common meter-related violations such as not plugging the meter or exceeding the posted time limit, while $30 tickets are issued for parking in restricted areas such as handicap zones, sidewalks, and traffic lanes, $20 tickets are issued for restricted night parking. Any ticket not paid within 30 day will be sent to a collection agency. Any ticket appeal must be done at johnstownpa.rmcpay.com.
There are three municipal parking garages located downtown – Lincoln Street, Main Street East, and Intermodal Transportation Center (see above map). These garages provide covered hourly meter space on the first few levels; higher levels are reserved for monthly parking space rentals at $50.00 a month or roof parking for $40.00 a month. Prices are halved when a customer rents 10 or more spaces simultaneously.
Lots located under the Johnstown Expressway in the Kernville neighborhood are available for monthly lease at $40 per spot.
Lincoln Street Garage- 418 Lincoln Street
Intermodal Transportation Center- 316 Vine Street
Main Street East- 539 Locust Street
Businesses can apply to the Bureau of Parking to establish a loading/unloading zone in front of their establishment. The type and annual fee vary on the location from $200 to $700 per year per space.
Residents possessing a handicap placard or license plate can apply for a reserved handicap parking space in front of their home. There is a $160.00 fee for the sign and installation along with an annual fee of $85.00.
Residents living in the Downtown can obtain a Residential Parking Permit to park at non-core meters during the hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Residents living near 90 minute on-street parking zones in neighborhoods like the 8th Ward can use a Residential Parking Permit to park in these zones without adhering to the 90 minute limit.
Kernville residents can receive a residential permit to park in the City owned lots under the Johnstown Expressway overnight, from 5:00 pm to 8:00 am.
Proof of residency and registration is required in all instances. (Vehicle registration must match the address in order to obtain permit.)
Businesses can pay $10 per day per space for meter bags to reserve spots near their establishment for contractors, visitors, etc that may require short-term adjacent parking.